This blog may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep this mama going. I love these products already and just want to share...it’s a win for everyone, really!
Here we are… it’s the end of January already, when it seems like Christmas was just yesterday. That means that Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it. I wanted to share with you my Beauty Prep Top Picks to help you look and feel your best on the most romantic day of the year!
These products are some of my favorites to help me feel fabulous from head to toe! In my opinion you can never have too many tricks up your sleeve…or too many secret weapons in your beauty arsenal. If you’re anything like me, when you have a holiday or event coming up, you start prepping hours/days/weeks (wait hold up weeks? Ya I said it…) in advance to have your hair on point, your tan all glowing, you know, you get the point.
Check it all out…
Below I’ve got items to help you beautify and prep for an amazing Valentine’s Day with everything from hair to nails and the skin in between. (Product Images are Clickable)
© MessMarvelous Blog | 2020
Beauty Prep Top Picks:
- Pureology Colour Fanatic Instant Deep Conditioning Mask – This treatment leaves my hair feeling smooth as silk EVERY time, and a little goes a long way!
- R+Co HIGH DIVE Moisture Shine Creme – This has become my FAVORITE leave in conditioner, it leaves an awesome shine without being greasy or heavy.
- Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo – I waited a long time (too long) to try this dry shampoo, but it is officially my favorite! It smells almost citrusy, and so fresh without any gritty residue.
- R+Co VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray – Such an amazing strong hold, but not sticky…will help keep your V-Day style going strong!
- Sol de Janeiro – Brazilian Bod Buff Smoothing Scrub N Mask – A deliciously scented body scrub and mask, perfect to prep for your self-tanner! (Note: this product contains turmeric, and is BRIGHT YELLOW so I suggest following it up with body wash and a good rinse of your shower to prevent staining)
- Hempz Age Defying Herbal Body Moisturizer – I have been using this moisturizer on and off since I discovered it in beauty school, but I keep coming back to it! Perfectly hydrating yet lightweight.
- 3 Packs Self Tan Mitts – HANDS DOWN my favorite self-tanning mitts. They’re soft velvety material and have a plastic lining so nothing seeps through to stain your palms. They’re machine washable and last FOREVER!
- Fake Bake Flawless Darker Self-Tan Liquid – My all-time favorite self tanner (and I’ve tried a bunch… #palegirlprobs). I like that its a liquid spray versus a mousse because I can blend it with my moisturizer for a more gradual color if I’m looking just to maintain my tan. It’s an olive tinted tanner as well so it always looks super natural and never orange.
- The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution – I use this peel twice a week to encourage cell turnover and my skin has never had more glow than when I consistently use this product!
- Tinkle Face Razors – Dermaplaning my face at home has been a GAME CHANGER for leaving my face as smooth as it possibly can be. I use an exfoliator pad about every other day and nothing gets as much dead skin off my face as these razors. I think this is a great follow-up to the acid peel I use in #9. The new skin underneath is able to shine through after shaving off the old.
- Tanologist Drops Sunless Tanning Treatment – I use these drops on my face ONLY in the shade medium. They blend beautifully with my facial moisturizer and don’t leave my face looking dirty or muddy which can happen when using a whole body sunless tanner on your face.
- Tatcha – The Kissu Lip Mask – Get your lips pucker-up ready with this amazing mask. It is different from lip balms that are more waxy (and prevent the active ingredients from actually absorbing FYI) in that its a jelly texture and full of hydrating oils to really replenish and hydrate your lips.
- Rosebud Salve Tin.8 Ounce – This is a more budget friendly alternative to the Tatcha lip mask. It works almost as well, and I keep this in my bag for use all day long!
- Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil – keep your manicure looking gorgeous even after leaving the nail salon by slathering on cuticle oil to nourish your nail beds and fingers
- Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish Kit – If a DIY manicure is more your speed or what is in your budget, this is my absolute FAVORITE nail polish at the moment. It lasts for at least a week before chipping and dries in a flash!
- Kiss False Nails Impress – Press on nails are definitely having a moment, and for under $10 to get a salon looking manicure, why the heck not! They have some really beautiful colors and styles now, so I can see why they are perfect if you just don’t have time to get to the nail salon before Valentine’s Day
Overall, these are some of my favorite beauty items anyway, but there’s no harm in putting in a little extra effort when you want to look and feel special for an event or holiday, like Valentine’s Day!!!
No matter what your plans are this Valentine’s Day, I hope you have a blast and spread a little more love into the world than the day before, after all, it doesn’t have to be about the chocolates and roses, but just letting those you love know that they’re in your heart! Make it a great one loves!!!